Another year has come to pass, and another chapter will soon be written again.
But before we welcome the new year, 2013! Let me remember the events that unfolded 2012 that made me the person who I am today. The happy, sweet, sad and bitter moments of 2012:
- I turned 22 years old!
- Passed the nursing licensure exam! Certified Registered Nurse!
- No work! Don’t want to be a nurse!
- Renewed my driver’s license after 2 years! No more than 30mins. (connections)
- Wasn’t able to get my nursing license!
- Became ninong to Edz’s daughter Isha (Caitlin still sounds better)
- Tried applying for work at Opionology (formerly Western Watts)
- Got the job! Marketing Researcher!
- First time ever to get an NBI Clearance! Hassle! 4am to 12nn!!!
- New friends: Chino, Angeli, Tine, Chester (smoking room!)
- Got my first ever salary from my first ever REAL job! Fulfilling!
- Bought mom cake and ice cream from my salary for the first time..
- Additional new friends: Imee, Jacky, Hannah, Justin (Bb Demz), Justin (Bb Boi), Jen, JP, Abby, Shayne, Alex
- Became ninong to Chino’s daughter Alexie.
- New friend: Trixie (Chino’s girlfriend)
- Applied for Medical School (got interviewed by Doc Derla and Doc Arancel)
- Got into Med School!
- Resigned from work
- Enrolled in Med School
- Learned the news about my Tita’s cancer
- Start of Class
- Connected with new people, reconnected with old friends
- Danica left for the states!
- Got my first failing grade in Med school (58 on my first moving exams for Anatomy. Disheartening!)
- Added new set of friends: Reena, Al, Alexa, Dyessa, Ricky, Monika, Ven, Cindy , Aris, Fei, Adolph and the rest of Med 1B
- Found Love
- Lost Love (regrets!), got bitter, unfriend, then friends again!
- Found a good friend from my seatmate Al.
- First ever to talk about deeper feelings with a friend (I don’t usually do that! Stayed out until 2am just to talk!)
- Food trip!
- First ever party in Med school at Erika’s house
- Ups and Downs of Med school
- Foundation Day
- Yconne and MJ finally tied the knot.
- Never passed a single subject except ASM and PHC (which I don’t really consider important in Med school)
- Added new friends: Camz, Nikki (old friend), Kyndra, Dan, and Wewet
- Got a new dog, Sabrina (Daschund, named by Lance)
- Sembreak! (breather)
- Had plans not going back to school.
- Parents went to Europe
- Back to school!
- Killer sem! Fighting for my life in Med school. Make or brake
- Christmas break!
- Christmas Party with Med 1B at Erika’s house
- Christmas Party with the Usuals! First time with lechon on the table as barkada!
- Super Typhoon Pablo hit Mindanao
- Joined medical operation in Bagangga
- Met Al’s family and friends: Tito Ang, Tita Lily, Angeli, Searke, Edison, Joshua, Tita Kris, Tito Pids, Psychotherapist couple, Tita Len
- 13 hour journey to our destination
- Saw the destruction caused by the typhoon.
- Good deed before Christmas. Helped out at San Luis
- 15 hour journey back to Davao
- ARMY NAVY treat by Ericka! 🙂 ❤
- Attended my first ever Christian worship at Calvary Christian Center through the invitation of Al’s family
- First time spending Christmas dinner at a friend’s house.
- Attended my second Christian worship… (think I found where my journey of spiritual growth would start)
These are the only things I can remember. These are the highlights of my 2012! But i’m pretty sure there are still those little things I couldn’t remember that were also important in my 2012. But whatever! Its gonna be 2013 in a few hours!
I wanna thank those people who made great impact in my life, may it be the good times and the bad times. Thanks for those people who were with me through good times, but most thankful for those people who were with me not only with the good times, but also with the bad times.
I also wanna say sorry for those I’ve hurt. Sorry for being insensitive and immature…
Again. Cheers to 2013!
The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months! ~Edward Payson Powell
Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~Hal Borland