You can’t implement side walk system here in the Philippines because of a few reasons:
1. People would complain of the heat when walking which would cause excessive sweating and unwanted body odor. Who would want to smell like dried sweat?
2. People would rather show off their cars rather than walking, especially for those who can afford. A typical Filipino trait. Applies to the majority but not everyone
3. People would rather have the convenience and comfortability of commuting than walking. Nakakapagod maglakad diba? Kahit 20m or so like Ateneo High School to NCCC nag ji-jeep pa din. 🙂
4. People would think government people are the only ones gonna benefit these projects. KURAKOT SYSTEM on the move.
5. People would rather see other more “important” projects than wasting government money on sidewalks.
BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? I THINK OTHERWISE! SIDEWALKS would do us some good. 🙂 More sidewalks, less road widening, less cars, less pollution, more people walking, more to health, more exercise.